Thursday, April 12, 2012

Methodologies of the Online Instructor

I am a very touchy feely kind of human teacher and not being able to utilize visualize physical cues in communicating has been a challenge for me. Being a fan of Madeline Hunter's  Principals of Learning and the Essential Elements of Effective Instructional, aka (EEEI) drilled into me as a beginning teacher in the Long Beach Unified School District, I think my instructional strategies will basically remain the same,  with one exception, written communication. In a face to face environment, I dazzle students with my charm, even when providing criticism. I would also like to learn how to conduct video conference lessons and designing group projects.The skill I am going to have to learn is the art of dazzling with written text. I tend to be very direct, and not flowery in my writing, which tends to be misinterpreted as harsh. Due to legal ramifications, my experiences have taught me to call a spade a spade, but it looks like I am going to have to learn how to call a rose a rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment