Thursday, May 24, 2012

6.2



This module has explored the use of technology tools for both formative and summative assessment. As you think about how you will implement formative and summative assessments in the online and blended environments, what are some of the factors you need to consider?

Factors to consider
 The idea of using asynchronous and synchronous assessment. When to use them. I have always been a formative assessment educator, and did summative only because I had to. Spelling test, end of the chapter test were low on the totem pole for me as far as assessment went, and I do understand their importance, but became frustrated as a new teacher to have to wait to the end of a chapter to find out if students got the big picture, until I was introduced to Madeline Hunter and went through EEEI training in LBUSD

http://www.sprickstegall.com/Portals/42621/images/Full+Spectrum+Big+Idea+Meeting-resized-600.jpg
The assessments must be interactive and allow for peer review and students to present their voice and demonstrate their control of their learning. (The meta cognition part of formative assessment.)
I would use a tool such as Question press or Socrative for summative and a Blogger or Word press for Formative. I would also use a wiki page for a portfolio type assessment.



No comments:

Post a Comment