Think about how the Internet has impacted your own personal learning,
communication, and sense of community. Write a new post that includes a screenshot
showing your participation in a social or professional network, and a
summary of how you use that network for personal or professional
connections or for new learning. In your post reflect on the following:
My PLN for right now are the emails I receive from colleagues, publications and announcements. The internet helps me in my learning by allowing me to answer questions in "My Time." It distracts me when a search of topic take me off focus or non-relevant items are thrown at me. Sometimes in communicating with friends we get off topic by getting into personal stuff. I do not think my answers will be different from my students. My suggestion to students for support will to be advise them to allow them selves to get off topic but for a specific amount of time. So for example if I know I have set myself for an hour of learning time, I will allow myself of off focus time.
showing your participation in a social or professional network, and a
summary of how you use that network for personal or professional
connections or for new learning. In your post reflect on the following:- When does the Internet help your learning? When does it distract from good learning for you?
- How might your answers to these questions be similar to or different from the answers your students might give?
- How might you support your students in using the Internet as their own personal learning space?
My PLN for right now are the emails I receive from colleagues, publications and announcements. The internet helps me in my learning by allowing me to answer questions in "My Time." It distracts me when a search of topic take me off focus or non-relevant items are thrown at me. Sometimes in communicating with friends we get off topic by getting into personal stuff. I do not think my answers will be different from my students. My suggestion to students for support will to be advise them to allow them selves to get off topic but for a specific amount of time. So for example if I know I have set myself for an hour of learning time, I will allow myself of off focus time.

No comments:
Post a Comment